Welcome to your Motivate Me Advent Blog Calendar!
Throughout December, I shall be opening a new advent door on a personal development technique or tip that you might wish to try that day or save for the New Year.
Door Number Eight: Spread a Little Kindness
Being kind isn’t something we should pull out of the bag just for the holiday season! We should be kind all year long.
It makes sense that we all embrace the idea of being kind to our family, neighbours, and friends during the festive season, but being kind is something we can add to our resolution list for the next twelve months and beyond. The image of a stone being dropped into water and the ripples that follow is the perfect way to see kindness – it spreads, and we can help spread it.
Here are a few ideas:
- Open the door for someone.
- Drop some food into the local food bank.
- Buy a meal for a homeless person.
- Deliver flowers to a friend.
- Pay someone a compliment.
- Write an inspirational note for someone (or a stranger) to find.
- Send someone an anonymous gift.
What can you do today to spread a little kindness?