I spotted this link on Lauren’s beautiful blog, Milly’s Guide and thought it was a fabulous idea. I write in my gratitude journal most nights but to do a weekly review certainly helps put your week into perspective.
Lauren encourages everyone to join in so I thought I’d give it a go.
Here are the five things that I am grateful for this week (Fri 21st – Fri 28th July):
- The school summer holidays have arrived. My middle son left secondary school this year which just leaves my youngest who will start her final year in September. This means school holidays aren’t going to be around for much longer as my teens grow up, get jobs, and carve out a spot in their own corner of the universe. I’ve always loved the school summer holidays; no alarms, lazy days, a house full of friends and laughter, paddling pool parties (yeah, we do occasionally get sunshine in summer!). I’m grateful for the holidays and spending time with my kids.
- Catching up with friends. Since getting back from my trip to America, I’ve tried to catch up with as many pals as possible in between attacking the to-do list and sorting through the gazillion emails that mounted up during my break. Being able to find time to meet a friend for a coffee is something I’m very grateful for.
- My blog stats were booming! Anyone who reads my author blog will know how excited I was about my recent trip. When I returned to the UK, it seemed like a good idea to blog about all the activities we’d done and places we’d seen. When I published the post Magical Mystery Tour: Part I over on my author blog I got a ‘ping’ from WordPress to say my stats were booming! Yay, I’m so grateful to everyone who popped over to read, like, share, and comment.
- Writing goals. My latest YA fiction novel, Oath Breaker, was released at the start of June and I’ve had some incredible feedback from readers. I’m currently working on the sequel and am grateful to find the words flowing, the plot twisting, and the positive vibes keeping me afloat.
- A little bit of self-care. After a couple of long-haul flights, my neck and shoulders were in a bit of a state, so I’m grateful to Jaki from Mind Spa for the wonderful lava shell massage she gave me to unwind my knots and leave me floating on air.
That’s it! The five things I’m grateful for this week. I’d love you to join in, so please add your own list in the comments.
Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed this post. Want more? Connect with me here: Twitter @ShelleyWilson72, Instagram or check out my Facebook pages http://www.facebook.com/FantasyAuthorSLWilson and http://www.facebook.com/MotivateMeBlog. You can also find me on Pinterest