15 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing #Selfcare
I’m quite a positive person, even when I’ve been knocked down, I have an annoying habit of bouncing straight back up again with an even wider smile. Walking the personal development path means I embrace all lessons – good and bad – and I learn what I can so it helps me grow emotionally and spiritually. It’s all very wonderful to have this mind set, and it certainly gives me plenty to write about, but recently I was chatting with a friend who isn’t having such a great time at the moment. They are feeling dejected, anxious and find themselves wishing the days away.
I’ve had so many moments where I feel the same way, and sometimes I bottle it all up, just like my friend. Although I love evolving who I am and putting the self-help tools I use into daily practice, I know that occasionally I’ll disappear into my inner self and forget to engage with the world, or reach out for an understanding ear.
I realised many years ago that it’s okay to have an off day, a bad week or the month from hell. At the time, you wish the ground would swallow you whole, but it does come to an end. What I learned from my personal journey, and from talking with friends, is how important it is to balance the good and the bad so that we are not overwhelmed by our problems. I thought about how I could help lift my friend’s spirits and show them that good fortune and a balanced life is also within their reach. Turning our thought patterns around is a fabulous way to start. We can pull positive things to us when we change our thoughts, by dwelling on the negatives we are simply asking for more of the same.
I put together a list that would hopefully change their thought pattern from negative to positive and give them the boost they needed, and I hope everyone finds some inspiration within this list and that it resonates with whatever is going on in your life.
- What other people think about your situation, or you as a person, is their opinion and none of your business.
- Stop over analysing.
- Celebrate your uniqueness and individuality.
- Make peace with your past.
- Don’t compare yourself/lifestyle to others. You don’t know what they are going through.
- Trust that you are capable of achieving everything you want.
- Believe in yourself. Success starts on the inside and shows on the outside. Dream It, Live It and Become It.
- Live for the moment. Meditation teaches you to be in the now. Now is all you have so enjoy it and be happy.
- Don’t try to be something/someone that doesn’t fit. You shouldn’t be scared to be your true self.
- Remember how amazing you are.
- ‘Only with your consent can someone make you feel inferior’ Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Time heals almost everything, allow yourself that time.
- You can do anything you put your mind to.
- Being positive is a choice – so choose it.
- Surrender your worries, doubts, and fears and know that you deserve the best life
Going through a tough time can feel like you are coping with everything alone, but that isn’t the case. There are family members, friends, therapists and charities available to help. Have the courage to ask for help if you need it – you may be surprised by the response you receive. It’s human nature to want to help others, so help and be helped.
Do you have a positivity tip that helps boost your wellbeing? Feel free to share it in the comments below.